Limited Edition Series Wooden Collectibles
ALL THESE MINIATURES ARE AVAILABLE AT OUR MEETINGS AND AT KENMORE KOMICS (1020 KENMORE BLVD) FOR $13 EACH.
They are also available by mail for $13.00 each plus $7.50 s/h
Send check payable to Kenmore Historical Society to:
Kenmore Historical Society
P. O. Box 3707
Akron OH 44314
Margaret Park Elementary School
Constructed in 1917, opened in 1918, with additions built in 1920, 1929 and 1930.
Named in honor of Margaret Barnhart, a leader in the establishment of public playgrounds.
She was also instrumental in the establishment of the new Children’s Home and Juvenile Court.
This miniature is 2 5/8″ X 8″
Kenmore Clock Tower
The Kenmore Clock Tower was dedicated on October 29, 2015
to Lee McCutchan and Dennis R. Thompson.
This miniature is 1 1/4″ X 4 3/4″
Chestnut Ridge Park
The land for Chestnut Ridge was donated to the Village
of Kenmore by the Akron Realty Company in 1917.
In 1935-36 a stone amphitheatre was built on the hillside by the WPA.
The miniature is 3 1/4″ X 6″
Rimer Elementary School
The miniature is approximately 2 3/4″ X 8″
Pfeiffer Elementary School
Originally named Overlook for the surrounding allotment, Pfeiffer was built in 1917 with an addition in 1960. The name was changed later in honor of brothers Jacob and William Pfeiffer, owners of the Miller Rubber Company, who donated the land for the school.
This miniature is approximately 3 5/8″ X 8″.
Lawndale Elementary School
Constructed in 1912, Lawndale Elementary, home of the “Cougars”, has serviced thousands of students for a century!
This miniature is approximately 4 1/2″ X 6 1/4″
Kenmore High School
The present school, built in 1980, includes a section containing the auditorium, old gym, cafeteria, main office, shops, and the hallway of the science and music rooms that was built in the 50’s.
This miniature is approximately 2 1/2″ X 8″
Original Kenmore High School
This is the original building that was located on the corner of North Fifteenth Street and Wyoming Avenue and was demolished in 1975.
This miniature is approximately 3″ X 8″
Smith School was named in honor of a leader in the early development of Kenmore. Fred E. Smith donated the land on which the school was built.
This miniature is approximately 3 7/8″ X 7 1/2″
Highland Park School
Highland Park School was built in 1922. The name was changed to Sam Salem Elementary in 2000. The original school was demolished in July 2008. A new school called Sam Salem Community Learning Center was dedicated September 18, 2008.
This miniature is approximately 3 1/2″ X 7 1/2″.
Kenmore Boulevard Sign
The Kenmore Boulevard Sign piece is a replica of the signs in the middle of Kenmore Boulevard located near 11th Street and 18th Street.
This miniature is approximately 3″ X 3″.
The sixth piece in our series is the Kenmore Standpipe. Built in 1914, it was located on the hill next to Pfeiffer School, formerly called Overlook School. The standpipe was torn down in 1954.
This miniature is approximately 5 3/4″ X 3 1/2″.
Young’s Restaurant is the fifth piece in our series. Established in 1850, Young’s, located at Nesmith Lake, was credited with being the oldest restaurant in Summit County when it closed.
This miniature is approximately 9 1/4″ X 3″.
Cletus Swords Memorial Gazebo
The Cletus Swords Memorial Gazebo is the fourth piece in our series. The gazebo in Shadyside Park was built in 1996 and is named after Cletus Swords whose vision led to its construction.
This miniature is 5 3/4″ across the base X 3 3/8″ at the peak.
The third piece in our series is Kenmore School. This was Kenmore’s first school opened in 1903. The name was later changed to Central and presently Heminger.
This miniature is approximately 5 1/4″ X 3 3/4″.
Kenmore City Hall
Kenmore City Hall is second in our series.
This miniature is approximately 5 7/8″ X 4 1/2″.
The Street Car
The Street Car is the first piece in our series.
This miniature is approximately 8 1/2″ X 2 1/2″.